Zelian is committed to sustainable development and to integrating sustainable development practices into its business, promoting sustainable development awareness in all its activities and with its clients.
Zelian endorses the International Chamber of Commerce (ICC) Green Economy Roadmap – a guide for business, policy makers and society to assist in the development and implementation of policies and actions towards a 'green economy'.
Zelian is member of the Green Industry Platform, the global, high-level, multi-stakeholder partnership run by the United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO) and the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP). Zelian fully shares the Green Industry Platform’s principles and is committed to include best practices and to promote sustainable development awareness.
Zelian adheres to the Confindustria's Charter of Environmental Sustainability Principles.
The Charter sets out shared principles and indicates the actions needed for a uniform and gradual progress towards greater environmental sustainability by outlining realistic and achievable goals for Italian companies.
10 Principles for 10 Commitments
1. Achievement of short, medium and long term environmental sustainability objectives
2. Adoption of a precautionary approach
3. Efficient use of natural resources
4. Control and reduction of environmental impacts
5. The central role of innovative technologies
6. Responsible management of products
7. Responsible management of the supply chain
8. Awareness and training
9. Transparency in relations with stakeholders
10. Consistency with international activities